NAMHO CONFERENCE 2021 - 60 Years of Mining Projects
SURFACE PROGRAMME - 2021
Until the programme of times and days can be fixed, this page provides a summary of what is planned for the surface walks.
It is hoped to offer a series of surface walks at the conference. Each of the walks below will only happen on one of the days
1. Ironbridge/Broseley - mining area around Ironbridge Gorge.
2. Brown Clee Hill - South East part of Shropshire with rich history of coal and dolerite extraction.
3. Snailbeach, day or half day - the day walk could, subject to landowner's consent include the adit mouth at The Waterwheel.
4. Bog/Cothercott - principally for gas installations.
5. Grit mines - west side of the Shelve Ore-Field - the walk takes in four different engine house remains, a circular magazine and follows the surface remains of a roughly triangular route of veins. Most hilly of the walks.
6. Pontesford Colliery - engine houses.
7. Tankerville Mine - owned by Shropshire Mines Trust
8. A working quarry - subject to negotiation with the owners
Trips will be run on Friday afternoon plus Saturday, Sunday and Monday.