NAMHO data protection
The Data Protection Act and the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 protect individuals' privacy by regulating how personal information, known in the act as 'personal data', is collected and used. The act and regulations apply to information stored electronically or in manual systems.
'Personal data' is any information that relates to a living individual who can be identified:
- from that information or,
- from that and other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
Personal data can include:
- names, addresses, email addresses or telephone numbers, collected when people are nominated to represent NAMHO member organisations
- information about people that we collect from NAMHO events, including images and sound recordings
- names listed or referred to in minutes of meetings
- names shown in newsletters and on-line news items
- names shown on-line for officers and committee members
The act requires that personal information is:
- collected and used fairly i.e. we make it clear to people how we intend to use their information and whether it will be given to anyone else inside or outside the renunion
- appropriate to the uses which have been agreed
- stored for the minimum time relevant to the use for which it is collected
- stored securely (for this purpose, names, addresses, emails and phone numbers are stored encrypted)
- disposed of securely once the use for which it has been collected has come to an end
- protected by a contract, if it is being given to a third party to ensure the information is only used for the purpose the organisers have agreed. A contract is also needed if personal information is being sent to a third party located outside the EU. People have certain rights under the act in relation to information stored about them.
The website operates with an SSL certificate which allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Evidence of the SSL certificate can be seen in the padlock symbol on the browser address bar.
Any formal requests for information or notices to stop processing under the act must be dealt with by the Committee. Pass any such requests immediately to the Honorary Secretary or Webmaster. Contact can be made by email through our Contacts page.
Data Protection Policy
The NAMHO Data Protection Policy will shortly be available here. Until it is available to be downloaded, any queries should be referred to the Webmaster or the Honorary Secretary through the Contacts page.
Removal of data or images
Any request to have email addresses or other information deleted or photographs removed from the website at any time should be referred to the Webmaster who can readily remove the information.