The following are NAMHO guidelines. Each set of guidelines is shown on a separate page.
- Guidelines for the Recreational Use of Mines
- Underground Exploration - Novices
- Underground Exploration - Leaders
- Mineral Collecting at Disused Mines
- Archival Research
- Removal of Artefacts
- Recording the Underground Archaeology of Mines: A Descriptive Specification
NAMHO Guidelines are reviewed and altered from time to time to reflect best practice so keep an eye on these pages if you are a leader, researcher or simply an explorer.
The Institute for Archaeologists also publishes useful guidelines and these can be accessed from their website.